1.22.2008

Exhibit 6.14

I'm not sure when The New Yorker got all smutty, but in addition to the topless photograph of Lee Miller in the most current issue, there have also been quite a few Playboy-esque comics featuring topless line drawings and some joke about sex recently. Also, a year or so ago, there was an entirely gratuitous nude picture of a show girl. You may think that have these moments catalogued a little too well, but it's really just the shock of seeing a drawing that looks like a topless Mrs. Keane from Family Circus wedged into an article about Rudy Giuliani that makes me remember.

I mean, my grandmother subscribes to this magazine for god's sake. If John Updike were alive, this would never be happening (or, actually, it would be happening a lot more often with much more depressing results).

We're about six months away from David Remnick launching New Yorker Forum. I'm going to start submitting letters now just in case. I'll just go ahead and address them to David Denby for now.

No comments: